The third championship course at the Home of Golf, the Jubilee is considered by many to be the most challenging course on the famous Links. Built in 1897 by John Angus as a 12-hole links primarily for ladies and beginners, it was named in honor of Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee celebrations. In 1902, Jubilee was expanded to 18 holes, after realizing its wonderful location on a narrow strip of land between the New Course and St Andrews Bay.
The final version was completed in 1988 by Donald Steel. These newest improvements include elevated tee boxes affording vistas of the firth and town and exposing tee shots to even more of the wind. The greens are massive, the bunkering defines penal and the fairways are ultra-thin. Out of bounds comes into play on more than half the holes and several tee shots are blind. Jubilee is extremely popular for tournaments and some of the most prestigious in Scotland are held there.
- Year of Opening - 1905
- Designer - David Honeyman & Donald Steele
- Par - 72
- Holes - 18
- Length - 6741 Yards